This ad is expired.
Adapted Athletics Program Assistant
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Director of Adapted Athletics, the Adapted Athletics Internal Program Assistant will assist with the administration and coordination of the Adapted Athletics program. The Program Assistant is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, including maintaining the program calendar, organizing team travel and competition preparations, providing administrative support, and collaborating on various projects. The Adapted Athletics program provides opportunities for individuals to participate in a diverse offering of inclusive and adaptive athletics and recreation activities within the University at a variety of skill and ability levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the planning, organization, scheduling, administration and facilitation of a comprehensive, inclusive adaptive sports program including competitive sports, drop-in activities, tournaments, and special events
- Assists with overseeing daily program operations
- Assists with scheduling/calendar management: reserving facility times, recording practice times for each sport, adding game dates to the calendar, scheduling staff meetings, etc.
- Uses Virtual EMS to reserve facilities for on campus practices and meetings
- Coordinates team travel arrangements including flight/hotel reservations and travel reimbursements
- Assists with overseeing team competition and event management
- Assists with the recruitment and onboarding for program staff and athletes
- Assists with organizing and leading prospective athlete tours
- Assists with recruitment, selection, and work assignments for ENS student interns
- Assists with ENS credit class curriculum development
- Assists director with annual budget planning and maintaining program expenses
- Leads the maintenance of Adapted Athletics uniform and equipment purchase/inventory
- Researches and recommends inventory of program supplies and equipment utilized in Adaptive Athletics programs.
- Ensures facilities and equipment are safe to use; submits a repair work order if needed
- Assists with the implementation of safety and risk management procedures for Adapted Athletics
- Collaborates with the director to assist with documents and presentation materials for meetings
- Assists in the creation of learning objectives that will demonstrate the attainment of skills, knowledge, and overall personal growth as a result of participation in these programs, as a participant, employee, or as a volunteer.
- Assists in the assessment and evaluation of programs and participation through qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Organizes internal team/program meetings and events
- Assists in the formation, review, and enforcement of all policies and procedures including annual revisions of all sport rules, policies and regulations.
- Disseminates necessary information to staff, interns, and athletes
- Monitors payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments, as well as vendors
- Greets all customers in a timely manner
- Answers the phone and interacts politely and courteously
- Assists all customers with questions and/or comments
- If unable to assist, refers customer to someone who can
- Maintains positive and effective working relationships with all customers
- Informs supervisor of any customer issues
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students' Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Kinesiology/Exercise Science Health or a related field required
- Must have at least one year of sports administrative or program support experience
- Previous experience with budgeting and calendar management preferred
- Familiarity with paperwork management preferred
- Experience with adaptive sports and recreation and adaptive equipment preferred
- Demonstrated experience with programs and activities for persons with disabilities preferred
- Experience within a collegiate recreation or intercollegiate athletics setting preferred
- Knowledge of student athlete financial aid and scholarship processes preferred
License & Certification:
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED certifications are required
- Valid California driver's license and proof of automobile insurance are required
- U.S. Center for Safe Sport required within 30 days of employment
- Must complete Gender Awareness, Computer Security and Sexual Harassment Prevention training within 30 days of hire
- Must complete the California Defensive Driving Course
- Must be punctual and regular in attendance: arrive on time and ready for the workday
- Must be able to work with confidential items and understand the importance of confidentiality in project work
- Must meet commitments and complete tasks satisfactorily
- Must be able to work independently and stay focused under pressure
- Must help accomplish specific tasks and improve the work process
- Must be accurate and detail oriented with strong organizational skills required
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to work well with different work styles
- Must be able to work efficiently and show initiative
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks, projects, and assignments within appropriate timelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving participants with patience, good judgment, and with diplomacy is expected
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people effectively and diplomatically
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, including written and oral communication
- Proficient computer skills are required including Microsoft and Google applications
- Ability to recruit, train, and supervise personnel
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to manage information flow (including internal, external and customer communication and filing/documentation)
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and work effectively with other employees/departments
- Ability to demonstrate thoroughness, completeness, follow through on presentation and appearance of work
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present program materials in front of an audience
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position. Must be available to work a maximum of 25 hours a week during the academic year and summer. Employee schedules vary according to business needs. Must be able to work evenings and weekends based on program demands.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment with some time outdoors. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus or at sport facilities. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available or at outdoor sport facilities (e.g. tennis courts, track).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require the individual to spend many hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to: walking, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, climbing, and working in confined space, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying loads up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance). Work may require standing and moving for extended periods.
- Reports to the Director of Adapted Athletics
- Closely works with External Program Assistant
- Assists in supervising the program coaches, volunteers and interns
- Closely works with and assists in supervising the program coaches and interns
- Further interactions may include other full-time staff within Aztec Recreation, including but not limited to Recreation Director, Associate Director, Assistant Director, , Competitive Sports Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Member Services and Operations Manager, Member Services Coordinator, Aquaplex Manager, Aquaplex Coordinator, and Building Services Engineers
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Starting range $17.30-20.00/hour
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.
Fingerprinting is required for all employee and volunteer positions that have direct contact with minor children and/or supervise other staff.
MVR and DMV record review is required for positions that drive university vehicles and/or passengers for program related trips.
To apply, visit https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=101592325609&locale=en_US&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=AssociatedStudentsofSanDiegoStateUniversityPTReqExt
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency